Monday, June 20, 2011

...could it be?!...

Thursday night started my weekend off just perfectly. About two weeks ago, Matt told me that one of his coaches wanted to have dinner with us last week. At first I was like, OKAAAAY... those are usually awkward because I know nothing about what they're talking about and most of the time I'm the only girl. But I didn't think much about it because if Matt was asking, then I knew he wanted to me go.

So Thursday rolls around and I kinda spaced it until he called me at work and reminded me. I asked if I really had to go because I really didn't want to... then he said "Well you have to because he's bringing his wife." Great. This'll be good.

After work we got home and just kinda laid around. I was trying to stall as long as I could, thinking that he'd let me stay home. But that didn't work. So I started getting ready and that wasn't very successful. You know when you have those days where you feel like... the pants you wore just yesterday can't button up today... or your hair looks so gross so you wash it and then it's not dry enough to straighten and you just added more work for you to do in the twenty minutes that have left to fix it... or your makeup looks like your six year old helped you because all of a sudden your hands aren't putting on your eye liner straight or you don't have anything to help cover up the four pimples you got over night....?!?! No?? Well, that's just a little of what was happening when I was trying to get ready that night! Then to top it off Matt was like, "Well he said it's a nice restaurant so I think you have to dress up." Oh, that's nice! What's dressing up in this case? Dressing up a casual outfit with heels or wearing a freakin dress?!? Ummmm... yea. Not helping. I must've changed about eight times until I just went with whatever I had on when Matt said "We gotta go." Ummhmmmm... not feelin' it at all!

So the whole way there, I was kinda being a Debbie Downer... telling him I didn't wanna go, my outfit was ugly, I felt so bloaded, I was so hungry but I wasn't about to stuff my face in front of these people... Yea, I wasn't a happy camper. I was even throwing a little attitude. All he said was, "You look nice baby. It feels good to dress up with you though..." I didn't even think about it much... I just sat there.

So we park the car in one of the undergound parkings Downtown... and we end up in the Joseph Smith building. I was like... "Where are we eating anyway... there's no restaurants in here." He just kept walking and said "Well, we have time, let's just go walk around and go upstairs and see the view." By that point I just wanted to get the dinner over with so I went along with him. So we go upstairs...look at the view... and then he wanted to take a picture. Ummmm, with the overnight pimples I got I was NOT tryna take any pictures! LOL But he just kept insisting... so he said he'd ask one of the hostesses in the restaurant (The Roof) to take our picture. I kept telling him... that's so lame, why would you do that?!?...

So we walk into the restaurant and the girl looks up and I whispered "OMG you're sucha dork" and after she said "Can I help you?" I laughed and started to say, "Oh no..." and Matt spoke over me and said, "Yea, I have a reservation for two under Matt Asiata." I looked at him and I was like... HUH?!?! And he said... "This is my dinner date with you..." OMH! You're kidding!!! Hahaha. I was like... So there's no coach?? And he's like... Nope just me and you!

It was so cute and totally caught me off guard. It was seriously the sweetest thing. He always tries to surprise me but I ALWAYS catch on... always. But this was just because.

We've probably had dinner there maybe five or six times since we've been together... it's not something we can afford all the time of course. We ate there twice in high school when we were dating and then maybe two or three times after that on Valentines. I think the last time we went was when I was pregnant with Fatboy! I remember because I couldn't fit! LOL.

But it was seriously a very much needed date... for the both of us. We stuffed our faces for the first fifteen minutes... laughed at EVERYTHING for the next hour and then stuffed as many rolls as we could! I swear we ate like twelve of them! Our poor waitress kept having to come back with extra butter and giving us two rolls each every time!

Just when I thought the night was over... he asked if I had fourth of July weekend off. He knows that I hate asking for days off at work but I did already have the 5th off for Lagoon when ALL of us are going together. He asked if I could get the Friday before off too. I was like, "Ummm not really! And why would I?!" He's like... "Well, I got you something. Tickets. To a concert." Seriously?! What concert would I possibly get days off of work for! Then he said.... "Rhianna."

OMFrG!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? I was like... You're lying...and he kept saying NO I really did... I couldn't believe it! I just kept saying... No really... LOL... Rhianna??!?!!? Are you KIDDING ME!?!?!?!

Of course I kept asking, how? Why? Where? Are you lying?? But while I was asking him, I started tearing up... and then I just couldn't hold it in... I started crying! I know, lame. But so did HE!!! LOL. It was so weird. LOL. I was like... OMG what is happening?!?!?! We both just started laughing with tears rolling down our faces.

Seriously?! I dunno what got into this guy. And you're probably thinking... well how did he do it?! Don't you share finances?! Honestly, I don't know how he did. He KNOWS I wouldn't spend money on anything like this so he must've did some of that side work to pull this off! LOL. Whenever I ask he just says, Just trust me. I asked about the hotel, car, tickets... he just said... already took care of it. Really?!? Who are you?!?! :)

So... in two weeks... Matt and I will be taking a road trip to Vegas to see Rhianna!!!! :) I can't FUH'REAKIN WAIT!!!! We both haven't been to any concert like this so it'll be our first time together. And... as I mentioned before... I've been DYING to shop so I'll be doing some of that out there too!!  It'll be a GREAT weekend for sure! Vegas, Rhianna, 4th of July AND Lagoon... half the weekend with just me and my Niia... the other half with our babies and family. It's gonna be a good one that's for sure...

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...that is sooooo sweet of your Matt Tangi!!.......Im so like you when Chess tries to do sweet things for me I ALWAYS, ALWAYS catch on.....we often get so caught up in the swing of things and have a million and half going on in the fast lane & then when your man does something like this...it brings everything into perspective....that at the end of the day it's just you and him.....and that's all that should matter....I love this post...so happy for you, your family and Rhianna!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A++++++ for Matt.. must be a Hunter High guy thing hahaha.. You deserve it sister.. love you guys! Have a BLAST!!! Are you going to the Bula Fest for the 4th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!! :) You definitely deserve to be pampered and spoiled! Kudo's to Matt! Can't wait to read your blog on how your trip and the concert was. :) Love ya!

    P.S Now I just like coming to your blog, cause you finally put my name up! LOL Don't ever let me remind you of these things again! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...