Thursday, March 24, 2011

...just doing us...

So......... Matt's home. I have to say, things have been pretty good these last couple of weeks.  The kids are healthy and growing by the minute.

Nana has a few months left of school. I seriously can't believe it. It feels like not too long ago we were just walking her into her first day of Kindergarden! She loves school though. She's always wanting to learn new things and always wanting to do something productive. Her newest thing is she's learning how to color like her Dad. It's cute. For some reason Matt (still) loves to color and a few Sundays ago we bought the kids some coloring books to keep them occupied during sacrament meeting at church. Tell me why I should've bought four! Matt colors with them!! It's really cute though. But just yesterday, he sent me this picture while I was at work...


...and it came with "We're having a coloring contest... which one is the best?" I couldn't help but laugh because he was so serious. I chose the first one (which was his by the way).  But Nana's is the far right one... pretty good huh? It might not seem like a big thing but it really is... for us anyway. She picks things up so quick it's amazing.

Fatboy has actually been having a rough week. Most of the time I don't bother with him too much because he likes to do his own thing. I do usually end up having to shut him up when he starts telling "stories"... gosh this kid has big ears! Seriously. He can hear your conversation from a mile away and REMEMBER it! One of those conversations that only "stays in our house" but he likes to repeat it when my parents come over! Trust me, once my parents know it's gonna be a good story, they just keep asking questions. That's Fatboy. But on Monday Matt took him to get his shots for school. He got five!! Being the greatest mother ever, I never took him to get his shots after he was born. So now, thanks me (haha) he has to get like twelve before he starts school! Yup, I'm the best! Matt has a video of him when he got them... it's so sad. I seriously almost started crying. I was so glad Matt was there to take them and not me. But later that night, he was so sick. He hardly ever gets sick, which made it even more sad!He just laid in bed for most of the day while Matt and my Mom took turns playing nurse. Then yesterday, Matt took them to the park and..... he fell off the swing! Not just a "trip over your foot" fall... It was a "fell backwards and almost did a back flip but didn't and landed on my neck" fall. Gaaaal, we're seriously such bad parents. Matt said it was one of the most scariest moments of his life. He paniced a little but tried not to make it seem like a big deal in case it would freak Fatboy out. He ended up being okay but last night he started complaining that his neck was hurting really bad. Scared me a little... but he said he doesn't wanna go to the hospital. We're just waiting it out a bit to see if it's just bruised. He seemed fine this morning though... but we'll see how he feels by the end of the day.

Shawnee... OH.EM.GEE. She is so attached to her Dad it's not even funny! Last night we went to get ice cream and Matt got up to pay the bill. Not even two seconds later Shawnee walks over and says "Where's my Dad?!" in this really sad voice. I was like... Seriously Shawnee?!?! She's too much that girl.
Oh and don't worry.... she (still) doesn't listen... even more now than before because now it's not just her Grandma and Auntie that let her do what she wants.... so does her Dad! I should post video of her doing her dailies.... eating, yelling, sleeping...eating, yelling, sleeping. The life.

Matt and I have been spending a lot of time together. I love it. But I love it even more that he's home with the kids so much. He's still working out and getting some training in here and there but only for a few hours. By mid day he's home with the kids... coloring :) He probably text me at least once a day to tell me how much he's attached to them. He's always been but in a different way now and he loves every  minute of it. Sega and eVette joke that he's Mr. Mom... but it's true. I love that I get to go home to him everyday... and know that we'll be going to bed together and I'll still be waking up to him right beside me. I love watching him color with Nan... and doing tahitian moves up and down the hall with Shawnee. I never thought me coming home to him playing videos games would ever be a great ending to my work day. Is that so weird? But of course he knows that when I'm actually home, the game is OFF! :) The littliest things he does for me just means so much... even though he's done it before and it didn't seem like a lot. I'll come home and our laundry is done... or our bedroom is clean... or Nana's homework is done. Like just the other day we got home and the entire house had been vacummed! It was funny. Sega even had to ask twice!

I can honestly say that I am less stressed these days... LESS as in not as much as before. I'm just happy that my family is healthy and we're all together. I love that we spend as much time together as we do. Having our extended family around is a major blessing too. I can't ever thank them enough.

What's to come.... hopefully our house warming party... Fatboy's 5th birthday... Nana starting 1st grade... Shawnee's 3rd birthday (maybe time for a new baby?!? HAH! Yea right!!)... a possible future for my husband to do what he LOVES...and for me to enjoy every second of it all!


2 comments:

  1. such the cutest kids ever!!! especially ur lil Shawnee at tahitian lil cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your such a cute mom Tangi!! Love reading your blog...I learn alot!!! Ofa's

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...