Monday, March 28, 2011

...good thing gone bad...

So this weekend was crazy. A good crazy though. I think. But the highlight of my weekend was what happened on Saturday. I guess HIGHLIGHT isn't the right word either though.

Before I get into the madness, here are some pictures of me and the girls Saturday morning on our way to bowling...

So for a few weeks I already had planned to take one of my close friends, Cass, to get her hair done. She's actually my brother's girlfriend... which is of course how we met, but we've probably started hanging out within maybe the last two years or so. She's great. I can seriously talk to this girl about ANYTHING. She keeps it real and always helps me think/talk things out any time I need to. Funny, now that I think about it, she's probably the only person that I actually tell E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G to... which if you know me, you would know that I don't ever let anyone in. But anyways.... so we had hair appointments on Saturday. She's always been too scared to color her hair and I LOVE getting mine done (when I can) so I told her we'd go for her birthday.

I usually go to my cousin's good friend Saydee who works out of Taylor de'Shaw... but the last time i dyed my hair I tried this new girl and I loved her. She dyed my hair all black, which no one really got to see because that was during my MIA month... and I liked it. So did Matt, a lot actually. So we decided to go back to her this time.

Cass went first and her hair turned out exactly how she wanted. Cass has such beautiful hair... it's past her butt and it's always been black. She found a picture of what she wanted and we got it exactly how she wanted. It's nothing dramatic but you can tell that there's something different. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! And I'm glad nothing went wrong otherwise I would've felt sooooo bad for talking her into it. 
Here's a picture of Cass'... the first one is the color before adding the toner on it (which was an orange color)
and then the second is the finish product. It looks freakin hott when she curls it!
I'll have to get more pictures of hers when it's all done up.
Me on the other hand.... when it comes to my own hair color, I'm so indecisive... the same way I am with everything else in my life! I didn't know if I wanted to do black again or just fix my panel of gold that I already had or change the whole thing and go back to my auburn and streaks from my high school days. We ended up just fixing the gold that I had and nothing else. I specifically told her I just didn't want it gold but not WHITE blonde either. She said she knew exactly what I was talking about and we got started. But I also wanted to add an extra panel to the blonde so that we could see it a bit more and also add layers so that you could see the blonde more underneathe. Following me?

Well... we got started.... put the dye in and toner afterwards.... did the cut and then blow dryed........ for what seemed like an hour!! I blow dry my hair enough to know that it only takes not even ten minutes to dry. While she was drying it.... Cass and I were talking and in the middle of our conversation I stopped and said, "Is it just me or is my hair not drying fast enough because I swear it doesn't take me this long when I do it?!" Then she said... "I was just thinking the same thing, but I think it's my blow dryer." So we just kept going on with the blow drying and talking.

Then again, during mine and Cass' conversation, I see her brushing my hair out (still blow-drying) and turning around to pull out the hair from the brush... kind of hiding it while she was doing it. I didn't think much of it until I saw her do it again a few minutes later. Then finally she turned off the blow dryer and said... "Ummm... when was the last time you used box color on your hair?" And I said... "Well, like early last year... but you colored my hair last." I could already hear it in her voice that she didn't know how to get the words out of her mouth. That kind of shaky tone and a bit of studdering but more of pauses in between instead of repeating words.

Then she said "Well, the box color  that's still in your hair is making your tips break."

Then I grabbed the left side of my "blondes" and it was fuhreakin WHITE BLONDE and felt like damp seaweed!!!!!!! I couldn't even say anything... I just kept staring at it in the mirror as I was running my fingers through it and short strands on the ends came out on my finger tips. In my head I was thinking, "What the $@!!@#$$&***#@?!!!"

WHITE, NASTY, DRY but still a bit DAMPED, SEAWEED LOOKING STRANDS THAT WERE LITERALLY GETTING SHORTER BY THE TOUCH AT THE BOTTOM OF MY HAIR.

Are.you.effin.kidding.me?!?!?!? I had SOOOOOO much running through my mind. I kept telling her that SHE was the one who dyed it last and I swear the last time we dyed it she put product in it to strip all that "box color" out?!? Then she kept saying "No, no, no." I was thinking... I've done my hair so many times that I'm pretty sure you left it in too long!!! What she was telling me at that moment was opposite of almost everything we did last time! OMG I was soooo mad!! And of course the "I've never had this happen to me before... I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure...blah blah blah."

I just sat there and kept asking her questions but I could tell she was trying to hold it in. I didn't wanna be rude but I was so mad. I kept my cool though. Got up, paid and walked out. Cass was funny though because she just kept saying... "I love that color though!" :) She was cute about it but I seriously hated everything about it. All I kept thinking was, "I'm gonna have to put my hair up in a bun for the next month!!" and trying not to look at her (the hair stylist) straight in the eye or else I would say something I'd regret.

When I got home... I went in my room... pulled it out of the hideous pony tail I had it in... looked in the mirror and cried! I'm not even kidding. If there's anything I do before I go anywhere... it's fix my hair and put something on my face. I couldn't even touch it! I stayed in my room the rest of the night, I'm not even kidding. I showed Sega and eVette and tried not to cry while talking about it. Even Sega was like "I can hear it in your voice that you're about to cry." But they were being really sympathetic about it but then I just couldn't handle it anymore and went in my room again.

Matt came in like maybe an hour after I got home, sat next to me and without me saying a word, said "Wow, it's white."

"What the $@!!@#$$&***#@?!!!"

...pulled the blanket over my head and cried again. He slowly got up and left the room and never came back. I wasn't mad at him though... it just proved that what I didn't like, he saw just from looking at my hair that was in a bun!

Nan sat with me the whole night just laying in bed with me. She didn't know why I was sad but she kept asking me if I needed anything and to tell her when I'm ready to go to sleep. Matt even came in and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride to her Grandma's house... she just said "No, I'm staying with Mommy." It was really cute and actually made me feel a little better.

Oh ,but it didn't end there... Tess came home a few hours later and asked if I was okay. I figured Sega had already told her what had happened. Then I took my hair out again and showed her. I started telling her what happened and cried again!! Holy cow!!??? Do you know anyone who cries this much over their own hair?!?!?! Seriously. I have issues.

The more I looked at it, the more I found I hated every thing about it. The WHITE BLONDE I DIDN'T want. The layers that I did want didn't show any of the blonde because the blonde was now A LOT shorter than it was suppose to be. Instead of cutting LONG LAYERS like I asked (keep the length but layer above it) I now had SHORT HAIR AGAIN barely passing my SHOULDERS!!! The length I've been working on for the last YEAR was now GONE! Seriously?!?!? Could it get any worse????

Actually, it can. She said I couldn't use any heating products on my hair and deep condition every day for about two weeks. FIRST OF ALL, have you seen my hair?!?! I can't NOT use heating products! Hello?!?!? Talk about dry and not even straight or curly... that's so not cute without using a flat iron. And SECOND, deep conditioner is NOT CHEAP and by the end of the first week I won't have ANYTHING LEFT to deep condition!! When she told me that I looked at her and said, "So I'm suppose to wear my hair in a bun for the next two weeks?!?!"

So... I've been deep conditioning... and I still straightened my hair except for the blonde strands underneathe... well, what I have left anyways. It's driving me nuts. The only good thing about it is that it's literally underneathe so you can't tell unless I pull it out over my shoulders. But the length still bothers me completely.

So that's my story for the weekend. Am I being dramatic... YES (and I don't care) but if you know me you know that my hair is one of the first things I actually put effort into every morning (even though it may look the same everyday!). Trust, I will be fixing this coconut husk the first chance I get!!! THEN we'll talk about it again! :)

--------------------------------

But here are some more pictures from Saturday morning... BEFORE the disaster. We took the kids to Sega's work event at All Star Lanes that morning where we got to bowl for free!! Thank you Qwest!! :)








8 comments:

  1. I wanna see the post dye product :) I'm sure u still look great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh I'll probably not have any pictures of it until I get over it... which I probably never will until I re-do my hair and by then it'll be gone! LOL.

    You know what's funny... I think about you EVERYTIME we make those fish faces!! Haha.

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Tangi...You're so nice to have kept your cool though. I don't know if I could have done the same. :) We both know my hair is SO not the business...there's not enough there to begin with! :) LOL! I wanna see what it looks like now--I'm sure you're still just as gorgeous and Hot Mama as always! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have every right to be upset. I am the exact same way w/my locks. You just need to remember that your GORGEOUS so even if your hair was neon green w/hints of sparkling yellow it would still look great on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Aki's comment. Even if your hair is BUTT UGLY, you are an absolutely BEAUTIFUL lady who carries a lot of confidence in front of others. THAT is what people notice first. Your hair will never be as pretty as your face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're robert and sweetie pie's older sister right? That makes us COUSINS:) My mom knows your mom and blah blah bah. lol, anyways we're related and I came across your blog when I was being curious on sweetie pie's photography blog. OMG, can I just say you have like the cutest kids on the face of this planet? I've been reading your blog for sometime now and I'm jealous of your life....lol. anyways, my names lati:)just thought i'd introduce myself so you don't think im some creepy blog stalker or something. lol.

    p.s.
    i woulda slapped that palangi girl silly if she did that to my hair!haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Hello Lati :) Nice to meet you! I don't doubt one bit that we're related... as we're related to e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e!! But it's nice to know you follow :) I sometimes think my posts are very random or lame but I'm glad it entertains some people! Hopefully we'll meet in person! For now, we can be BLOG friends, or cousins I guess, whatever. LOL. XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that's what sweetie pie said. Related to the whole world. LOL, oh gosh. But don't worry, your blog is my entertainment at work because although it is prohibited to be on websites such as these at work, they don't enforce the rules so I'm constantly on here. LOL. My blog isn't as good unfortunately. It's kinda depressing actually. Hahaha, but yes hopefully we will meet in person sometime one day:) Your family is adorable! Take care:)

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...