Wednesday, February 23, 2011

...that much closer...

After having an emotional morning on Sunday (my last post) I got the best surprise! The kids and I were home with their Aunties just hangin out... waiting around to take a trip to Ikea. Matt and I were texting here and there throughout the morning but I didn't hear from him for a while and then... HE SHOWED UP! :) I love when he does that!

He would always try to surprise me all throughout high school and even a few times when we first got married but I'd always figure things out. Lately, he's been pretty good about doing things without me "figuring it out". I love it.

My parents actually showed up at the same time he did and walked in the house making noise (as usual) and then one of them said I had a surprise visitor... and in walks the most handsomest, now a little darker, guy I know! My husband. It was the most amazing feeling ever! Especially after waking up the way I did and crying my eyes out a bit before getting out of bed that morning.

Every moment he wasn't in sight, I would see him again and say "You're still here." He'd just laugh. It was a little weird that we had a man in the house... it's been us girls for the last two months... and Fatboy of course.

I didn't really sleep any better. Well, I did because I had him next to me but I still kept waking up in the middle of night. Probably to make sure he was really there and I wasn't dreaming. He only stayed for a few nights. He left for Indianapolis this morning. He'll be back on Sunday though, for good. We tried to spend every minute we could together with the kids and family. This week is going to be a good but tough week for him. The last two months of training, the last five years of college football, the fifteen years of dreaming and  waiting for this very week to come... and it's finally here. I'm so proud of him and all his accomplishments thus far. All the trials and downfalls that he's been through and what we've conquered together... no regrets... I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else.

After this week, we have so much more to look forward to. Ioana is growing so fast we seriously can't believe it! She picks things up so quick she's constantly surprising me and her Aunties. Fatboy will be starting school in a few months and I know having his Dad home means a lot to him. Not to mention he always asks "How many sleeps until my birthday Mom?" We're still thinkin about it but we might spend his birthday at Encridible Pizza or have a BBQ at our new home. Shawnee... she's growing too fast. She keeps us entertained for sure. She's got a mind of her own. She's definitely a mix of our personalities. She's gonna be three this year! This would be right around the time my family tells me "Shawnee's getting old, we need a new one." As much I get baby hungry when I'm around new babies... I look at Shawnee and think "Oh heck no, not again!" But honestly, I'm sure we will... much later though.

We're also looking forward to a House Warming Party that Sega and eVette are going to plan... well, me too but I think Sega's more excited about it than we are! The house is coming together very nicely. The kids rooms are just about done. Sega and eVette's suite is coming together. And my room... I'm just happy I'm gonna have someone to sleep with soon! But I do have a few things to do still. I bought a huge mirror to hang up (we seriously have like twelve mirrors in our house!) and I'm still working on putting my bed together... I'm doing like a dark silver and purple sheets and pillows! I'm so excited!!

But anyway, so this is where we're at today. I serioulsy love my life and everyone in it. I find myself not stressing as much anymore... taking things as they come has helped me get to this point I think. Keeping away from drama and just doing "us" is what's keeping me happy and I love it.

4 comments:

  1. awww how freak'N cute=]... I'm so happy and excited for you guys!! Wish you guys NOTHING BUT the BEST=]...Oh yeah, don't forget to send an invitation my way for the house warming party=] Ha. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so sweet that after many years of being together he still knows how to sweep you off your feet!! I wish my husband would try to surprise me once in awhile!!LOL!! But it seems like life is looking good for you guys and that is amazing! Miss and love ya heaps chika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Your gonna luv it out there!!! LOL Tuli goes to Teresa Auvaa's and Nettas zumba classes...I'm gonna forward your# to her so she can text you all the schedules. My sis inlaw Tonya and Tuli are diehards down there and would luv to take you to the classes or atleast meet up with you there. :) Wish I lived in Btfl too since all my families up there :( Even all my inlaws and not to mention Steven works there too!!! Anyways...Good move!!!! :P
    Gonna give you sum links to follow up on w/ the 3 zumba instructors I luv in Btfl.

    Nettafitness.blogspot.com
    zumbawithteresa.blogspot.com
    zumbawithkarmel.blogspot.com

    Tuli's cell# 801-520-2945

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....what a great surprise! I'm the same way when me & Sioape's schedules are such that we keep missing each other...i'm home he's not, he's home I'm not...it sucks beans. Thank goodness Heavenly Father created these wonderful men for us yah?! :) Hope everything went well for Matt in Indianapolis. :)

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...