Wednesday, February 16, 2011

...still love me some him...

Matt and I are still separated... well, not that kind of separated but the long-distance, separated. I hate it. I don't know how my parents did it for nine  years! My Dad worked in Hawaii and came back every weekend for nine years. Crazy, right?! Matt's been gone for almost two months... I know, I'm pretty lame for complaining because I'm sure other couples have been separated a lot longer than we have. It's just hard because we're not use to it. But like I've mentioned before, we've been working towards this for most of our time together and it's finally starting to happen... well, this is only the beginning and we can only hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

For the second time since he's been gone, I flew out to LA to visit him. I don't know if I mentioned this before... but he's pretty much got it made out there. There were a few times that I was tempted to just pack up and move out there for two months but who does that?!?! Not so smart, so I didn't. He has his own apartment that he stays at and of course a car to get around... you would think he was single or something.

Whenever I'm out there, I seriously have no worries in the world. I'm probably more relaxed just visiting there than I am anywhere else. I love it. I think just being away from him makes me worry about so many different things and then the worldly stress starts taking over from there and all hell breaks loose and Matt has an ear full of complaints and worries all day and all night, from me. I know, I'm just so great! But when I'm there and I'm with him... I feel like we can take over the world.

The kids keep me occupied after work hours of course... and so does our new home and room mates. I don't miss him as much when I keep my mind busy with things... but at night, it sucks. Again, thank goodness for SKYPE! This is what I wake up to in the middle of the night...

It's the closest I get to sleeping next to him when he's not here. I actually don't mind it but the real thing, is my most favorite place in the world, no lie (he'll probably hate that I put that picture up). Skyping actually makes it seem like he's home with us. We'll sometimes leave it on at night while the kids and I are watching TV or talking. The other night we had it up while we were eating dinner. The kids love it!

But this past weekend was exactly what we both needed. All this time away hasn't been the best situation for either of us. It's even brought up a few things that we had to really think about. Again, not the best situations but we've definitely grown from it and being together this weekend just helped us realize how in love we are. How much we love US. He came home to visit a few weeks ago and even then we were having our up's and down's but we still enjoyed each others company during that time. I think it's different when we're together and together with the kids and our family... as compared to being together alone. I guess we hardly have moments like those anymore and when we do, we tend to really "see" each other, you know? I don't know how to explain it but that's kinda how I feel about it all.


 Anyways, he has about three more weeks away and then he'll be home!! I can't wait!!! Our first night that we slept here at our new home, he was in town and we actually got to share our first night here together. But that was his first and last night here... the kids and I have pretty much been enjoying our new home without him. He's really looking forward to coming home and enjoying it as much as we do. I'm so looking forward to him staying up late with the kids so I can actually sleep more than six hours every night! I remind him every night and he says he can't wait to either. Whoever thought that you could miss staying up so late with kids who seem like they're on crack til 2am every night! We've actually tried to get the kids on a schedule. Auntie Sega tried putting them on a bed time schedule and have them sleep in their own rooms. I think that lasted about a week but we're still working on it. I was never on a bed time schedule when I was growing up so it's a bit weird for me too. The first night the kids did it, I almost cried in my room. I know, I'm still pretty lame. But we all got through it and now we're pretty much over it... but still trying!

We're so excited for what's yet to come. There's not much we can do but take it one day at a time like I've been saying... but right now we're just missing each other. I'm sure when he gets home we'll enjoy each others' company and might end up annoying each other but I'd rather have him annoy me while he's in the same state as me, rather than being a thousand miles away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...