Wednesday, January 05, 2011

...the start of something new...

This year... is our year...hopefully. 2010 was definitely a test for us in many different ways. We are definitely looking forward to something new this year. I've been thinking about what to blog about for the past three weeks but of course I had to get our Vegas trip out of the way first. December seriously came and went before we knew it. We had a lot to do and so many things to look forward to and before we knew it, it was all said and done.

The decisions and events that happened in December now leaves me currently on Day 3 without my husband. No, we did not get divorced or anything crazy... he's out in L.A. training for an upcoming All-Star Senior Game and the NFL Combine.

I thought twice about blogging about this 'oh-so-touchy' subject but I don't know too many people who have gone through an experience like this and was able to blog/talk about it openly. I also thought about how some people, like me, have no idea what goes on in the life of someone who is on this type of "journey" or what to expect even. So why not just share the experience, am I wrong? And in case you were wondering, my husband does know that I am and will be blogging about this journey of ours and he thinks it'll help me take a load off since I'm always keeping things bottled up inside. Me? Bottle things up? Never!

After returning from Vegas, Matt only had a week left to spend with the family. We knew it was coming but for some reason we didn't think it was so soon. He left this past Sunday, January 3rd @ 11:38am.... not that I have that instilled in my brain or anything... and earlier in the week I thought it would be a good idea to go with him, since I do have flight benefits. But then after thinking about how much we were spending on my ticket and the hours I would spend there (which would've been maybe seven hours max) we decided that I should just wait and come up on a weekend. Well of course, come Sunday morning we decided that I would just go with him.

(Oh the joy of being able to fly on STAND BY!!)

So before going to the airport, I checked the flight and it looked like I had a pretty good chance of getting on... but I kept telling myself "Don't get your hopes up!"...and what did i do?? Uh, yea! So we get to the airport and we're sitting at the gate. I pulled up the flight again to see if I would make it on or not... YEA RIGHT!!... There were like twenty five people listed and I was number 16 with only 8 seats available. Gosh, way to set myself up for that one, right?!?! Just imagine Matt and I, sitting at the gate, with me leaning on his shoulder trying to hold back every tear that I could. It was probably one of the most dramatic good-bye's I've ever been apart of. I told Matt I should've just stayed home because it's so much easier to say good-bye at home then it is at an airport where HE walks to the counter and I'm still sitting there... and while HE walks down the ramp while I'm standing there like an idiot hoping that they'll call my name next... and while HE is sitting on the plane and I'm watching it pull out without me... Not that that's what happened after we said good-bye...

The kids did really well when they said good-bye. We explained that Daddy was leaving for football and they just took it as "Daddy's leaving for another game"... they're use to it after having him gone every weekend during the season. It's funny because all they know is that "Mommy goes to work, Daddy goes to school and plays football and we go to Grandma's house" :) Is that bad? That and my two year old doesn't cry for her parents, she cries for her Auntie Sina. Yup! We are definitely "Parents of the Year".

Before Matt left we tried to plan our visits for him to come home for a weekend and for me to go out there for a weekend. Well, after finding out that he's been invited to the All Star Bowl, plans have changed. Instead of him coming home next weekend, he's now going to stay there until the weekend before the game (which is the first week of February), come home Friday and fly out Sunday to Texas and spend a week there then go straight to L.A. after the game to train up until the combine. Again with the speedy events. Seems to be the story of our lives.

Matt has definitely had his share of injuries over the last few years... we're hoping for nothing but the best and more this year. As much as we're spending all this time apart, we know that this will make us that much stronger. I for one feel like I need to be the stronger one out of the two of us because if I'm not doing so well, he won't either because he'll be too busy worrying about me and the kids. It's definitely hard because we really haven't been apart this long. Yea he was gone every weekend between September and December... but this time is different. Skyping DEFINITELY helps A LOT!! We got the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G thinking that we could video chat throughout the day.... holy cow this phone is freakin' OVER-RATED!!! So much for that!

But anyways, so this is where we are now... love it or hate it... we can't complain too much. So I'll definitely be updating my blogs a little more than usual... just to clear my mind. Trust me, I'm still the STRESS QUEEN, as someone calls me, but I'm trying to make this year about US and no one else. Meaning, I'm not going to get myself caught up in everyone else's world... just my own... just the Asiata's!





2 comments:

  1. ugh...shout out to yur 4G mytouch phone thingy!...i hate you...and your new shoes that you wear to volleyball...and yur skinny bod.lol...well...i cant even imagine what you've gone through to get to this point! just know that im sittin here with mah fist in the air tellin you to "stay strong mah sistah"...
    big hug lil kiss...
    -pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. duuuuuuuuude...i totally just realized that im still logged onto nikki's profile...but it's pumpkin! sorry!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...