Saturday, April 10, 2010

... why me...

Written on April 10, 2010:

This post is probably going to be a little different from my other ones but oh well, that's what blogging is all about, right?!?

When I was in high school, I didn't love dressing up, but I did like to try to look cute. Don't we all? Well, back then... I was always between a size 5 and 7... the good-o-days!! LOL. Now... well, now you don't know need to know what size I am! LOL. Did you really think I was going to tell you??! Ha! Never.

But in high school, I did wear a few shirts that would pull up over my stomach a little, not on purpose, but it would just kind of move up on its own... you know what I mean?! And I swear I only wore a bikini once... not even a bikini - a bra type top and shorts, NEVER the bikini bottoms, who does that?!? - because I was so insecure about my (then) size 5 body. I don't know what the heck I was thinking back then!!

Now, I can't even buy let alone touch a bikini! NEVER AGAIN. Not that I want to... it's just the fact of me knowing that I CAN'T wear one SUCKS! After having kids your body changes and let's just say I was one of the not so fortunate ones! LOL. I'm not complaining but I do feel like I might be the only one who suffers from this... LOL. I try to get back into shape but it's not just my "shape"... it's other things too that I would rather not mention... LOL...I always tell my husband that I should've wore everything I wanted to wear back then and that I should stop trying to "fit into stuff" now!

We took the kids swimming once in Heber at a friends condo out there and my sister-in-law brought a bikini up for me. OMGee!! When I put it on... the first thing that came out of my mouth: "This would've been soooo much cuter, 5 years ago!!!" Seriously! I'm not complaining I swear... the joys and blessings that come from being a mom can't ever compare but it would be nice to be strut'in my stuff at the pool once in a while!! Hahaha... NOT! I don't even like to swim that much anyways LOL but still... I wanted to blog about this anyway!

1 comment:

  1. I think you look great! The "decorations" I have from my babies will always be a constant reminder of how beautiful bringing another life into this world is (or at least thats what I keep trying to tell myself.) I always think the same thing too. If only I would've worn all the clothes I can't wear now but I think even now if I had my high school body I'd be too shy to flaunt it.

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...