Friday, April 09, 2010

...movies...

I just realized that I haven't blogged for a while now... not good. But so much has happened that I've been wanting to blog about. Actually, I have three posts that are just waiting to be finished and "published" LOL. Not good either.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do much relaxing. But I'm not complaining.
We've been doing our weekly routine and coming home to an empty house, just to go to bed and do it all again the next day. I have to say though, on Tuesday, we finally did have chance to go home and do nothing! It was awesome! We had dinner in the living room and just sat on the floor and watched tv with the kids. Even my husband realized that we were actually home, sitting in OUR livingroom, watching OUR tv while my kids ran-sacked OUR house and not my inlaws' house! LOL. It truely was a great feeling.


So, after watching conference this weekend, I had a few (or a lot rather) things to work on.
First things first, my kids.
I've always thought about this but never really got into it that much.
I thought about how much time we (don't) spend teaching our kids spiritual things... gospel doctrines, stories...
Growing up, my parents bought us church movies, Book of Mormon tapes, Primary Sing-A-Longs... the fun materials that kids can easily learn from.


What do I buy my kids? Video games, doll houses, High School Musical Series, footballs, purses...LOL
Conference got me thinking that maybe, just maybe LOL I need to start educating my kids more about the gospel.
Of course they're still young but I know they'll remember the stories at least. I do.


In Sunday School we're reading out of Genesis and I can truely say that I do have knowledge of most of the stories we discuss all because of those movies my parents bought us.
My husband on the other hand, not that it's a bad thing, he doesn't know a lot of them and he suggested that we get those movies for HIM! LOL. But really though... I felt like I was lacking on yet another thing as a mother.


Some times I think, "Well, that's what Primary is for, right?!?!" LOL
Wrong. LOL. But it sounded good for a second... LOL... but I've realized that I need to start doing something.
Conference started on Saturday and it's Friday and I still haven't done anything about this LOL
BUT I will... we are - Matt and I.
Another goal to add to the pot.

2 comments:

  1. where's the "LIKE" button for this?? haha good job sis, you're doing great with the kids!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing! My parents got us the church cartoons/movies too and they were really cool. Good you're doing something abt it.

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...