Friday, March 05, 2010

...Shawnee Mama...

This girl is something else! :) She literally runs our house, it's insane! I never knew a 1 year old could have soooo much power! LOL. Well, this one anyway...

Last night I brought some work stuff home that needed to be done by today. I was up probably til about 12:30am trying to get it all done. I had everything saved on a flashdrive that I've been using for work since I can't access anything from home. Well, this morning when I woke up, I had my work stuff all together and ready to go... even Matt knew how important it was and reminded me not to forget it. Well, for some reason Shawnee, Fatboy and Matt decided to wake up early this morning and run around the house. They were up before me! Ten minutes before I was ready to leave... the flashdrive was gone!! Of course I don't know who took it... but I had a pretty good idea that it was the MONSTER!! LOL. **Our family calls Shawnee either "Mama" or "Monster"... she seriously answers to both**

How can you get mad a face like this though right?!?! But trust me, she can be evil! LOL. Of course I spent almost 6 hours trying to re-do everything I did on the flashdrive but I just kept thinking about Shawnee's irresistable smile and I got over it. LOL.

She's growing way too fast! Pretty soon we won't have any "babies" around the house. Oh but trust me, I don't need anymore!! LOL. She's running all over the place with her fat stomach bouncing off everything. It literally does, I'm not kidding. Just last night, she was walking pass the top of the stairs at home and I just barely put a basket there just to get it out of the way for a minute...Miss Thang comes wobbling by and her fat stomach bumps into the basket and she ended up rolling down the top four stairs! It was pretty sad and yes it was my fault for putting it there but after she got over it, she went right back to running back and forth! I looked at my husband and we figured out that that's what happened... her fat stomach was in the way! LOL.
You should see when it's time to eat. She WILL NOT let anyone feed her! She refuses to eat if you hold her and feed her. She needs her own plate, her own utensils, her own chair and does not want to be bothered. Oh and this girl can EAT, which explains the "fat stomach"! If it's not time to eat, you can guarantee this girl will find something! It's funny though because she will seriously eat ANYTHING (edible). My other two kids will eat anything but will pick out the "little things" they don't like... carrots and peas out of fried rice, onions out of burgers, that kind of stuff... Shawnee will pick out everything just to enjoy it that much more!! LOL She's too much!

She does have THEE sadest face though whenever she doesn't get her way. Trust me, sometimes she doesn't but if grandma or Papa's around she gets it ALL! When she does get mad, it's not the business! Especially if we're somewhere other than at home. She's so dramatic! LOL. I don't know if she got that from me... or her Mama (my mom)! LOL. But it usually doesn't last long. Her brother and sister try to get her mind off of it pretty quick. It's funny how the relationship is between them. Anytime the kids aren't together, Nana is always wanting to know where her sister is. So does Fatboy. And if they're home and Shawnee's not... they always ask where she's at or if we can go pick her up. But of course we have days where they would rather play "up high" where she can't get to them. LOL.

We always say it wouldn't be the same without her around. She was a very unexpected pregnancy. We were going into two years with no "baby-babies" and then all of a sudden... Shawnee was on her way! I have to say though... she wasn't an easy pregnancy compared to the other two. I was sick for the first 5 months with her. The other two only lasted less than a week. Most of my pregnancy was just uncomfortable. Then to top it off... Matt left to Wyoming the day I gave birth to her to their football game! *Just my luck!* I knew it was going to happen that way... he swore he wasn't going to miss it but I was already prepared to go thru with it without him LOL. And trust me, I make it a point to remind Shawnee that her Daddy wasn't there when she was born! Hahaha... just kidding, that's mean LOL. But it does come up every once in a while ;)

Shawnee's about 17 months old...and love this age! It's where they can walk and run but not really talk back yet. LOL. I wish she could stay this age forever! Well... maybe not forever... but I know before I know it, I'll have two "Nana's" running the house! Oh, and I thought I'd share this picture... Shawnee pretty much wonders around the house when she's in her own little world. One day she found this little spot in our closet and ended up being her secret hiding place for the next few days. LOL. My parents even came over to see her and as soon as she heard them coming up the stairs, she ran in there and hid. LOL. But she's not so good at hiding. If you call her name, you'll hear her say "Huh?" LOL. It's so funny.

The "lip thing" in her pictures... that's HER thing. Anytime you say "Cheese" that's what she does. LOL. Unless you tell her "Let me see your teeth" then she'll give you a full shot of her underbite. LOL. Well, I could seriously go on for days about our monster... but I'll save it for another day. LOL. If any of you ever want to babysit... I dare you! LOL. Just kidding...

5 comments:

  1. She is soo cute! I love the lips! Haha, she's silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Hilarious that she has that amount of personality at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is too ccccccuuuuuuuttttttteeeeee!! i LALALOVE the FISHLIPS bwahaha too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! All your kids are adorable! Love their beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...