Saturday, February 27, 2010

...Viva Las Vegas...

About three weeks ago my husband and I decided to take a road trip to Vegas. Well actually, it was my husband's idea... he just had to convince me about a hundred times that it was a good idea! But of course, I gave in and we decided to go... ALL of us!

The days leading up to that weekend had me both anxious and excited. I just couldn't believe that we were actually going through with it. No grandparents, no sitters, just us... Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Fatboy and Shawnee. OUR vacation, OUR money being spent, OUR family time.

Well... it didn't quite work out that way. It worked out BETTER! :) My little brother Duke and my long lost older sister Robyn decided to come with us. The more the merrier right?!?! It worked out great though because I had an "extra hand" and Fatboy had his favorite uncle to hang out with.

I have to admit, it seriously was a stress-free trip. Matt did almost all of the packing, no joke. He even worked out the rental deal all on his own! Picked up the car and everything! LOL. I'm sure a lot of women can relate... when the men do the "list of things to do before we leave"... you either only get half of what's on the list or everything is completely wrong! But Matt did a pretty good job this time around. From packing the cooler for the road to even charging the camera! I know, I couldn't believe it myself! LOL. Just kidding. I underestimate him sometimes.


The road trip wasn't bad... I slept most of the way while Matt drove. The kids slept for about two hours and stayed up the rest of the way playing with Robyn. The kids weren't as bad as I was dreading. Shawnee actually slept three or four times.

One of Matt's best friend's, Charles, plays poker out in Vegas almost every weekend. I guess he's a "regular" at the Belagio and he hooked us up with a room there! Three words: OH.EM.GEE!! That place is HUGE! It was beautiful! I think I was more excited than the kids!

It was almost midnight when we got there and of course the kids were WIDE AWAKE! So we all washed up and headed right back out!! LOL. Being there just for the weekend, we didn't want to waste ANY time! We didn't do much that night, but we didn't waste any time while we were there either. We tried to do as much as we could in the little time that we had.

The kids had so much fun. I'm glad Robyn and Duke went too. It wouldn't have been the same without them. We took the kids to Secret Garden (I think thats what it's called?!?) at the Mirage. Maybe I was the last person to know this but almost every attraction was "inside" a hotel, literally. I've never been to Vegas before this trip so a lot of things were "my firsts".

We did a lot of walking. But we NEEDED to considering all the eating we did in between! LOL. Even though it was only a weekend getaway, I would so do it again! But maybe without the kids next time! Haha. But I'm just glad I went with my husband on this one. I'm not a fan for long car rides with three monkeys in the car or spending money on a rental, food and shopping over three days either. But I'm glad we did. Wouldn't change one bit of that weekend! ;)

***My laptop is having issues so I can't upload all of the pictures I wanted to... but I will, sometime tonight hopefully :)***

Xoxo...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tangi! Welcome to the blog world cuz! I am so happy when I come across family or friends who blog...it's nice a nice way for us mamas to express ourselves and keep little memories of family life! Well keep it up cuz I am sure it will be something your family will treasure for years to come! Your little fam is so cute!
    Ofas...
    from the Tupea fam!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...