Friday, February 19, 2010

...I guess you could call it our HoNeYmOoN...

So this past December my husband and I had the oppurtunity to go to San Diego for their bowlgame against Cal. Last year we went to New Orleans...THAT was an experience we'll never forget LOL...and that year we took Shawnee with us since she was only about two months old. The year before that in 2007, we ended up in San Diego for their bowlgame against Navy. That year we only had Nana and Fatboy so it was just the four of us.

So since they all got to go with us to at least one bowl game, my husband insisted that we make this trip our "Honeymoon" trip since we never really had one. At first it sounded like such a good idea... but as the trip drew closer, I couldn't leave the kids... LOL. I kept telling Matt that we should just take them and this and that... of course he felt the same way but he kept insisting that we just take a break and get away. Of course, I gave in and we ended up not taking any of them! It was the longest five days of our lives LOL but we enjoyed every second of it!

Flights were paid for, hotel was free, pocket money...everything was just too good to be true. I never get lucky with things that the whole time we were out there I just kept thinking..."This is crazy!" LOL...but it happened! And to top it off...Matt didn't have to do much while we were there. Usually he's stuck with morning lifting, running, practice, back to back meetings... but because he was "red shirting" this year he was A-L-L M-I-N-E!!! :) It really was too good to be true! We did so much when we were there...shopping, eating, shopping, eating... oh and shopping and eating! :) We did have a beautiful veiw of the bay from our hotel room!

We did a lot but then again we had so much time on our hands too! LOL. It was ridiculous. But we enjoyed it. I needed it after a whole year of work and no vacation! :) We went to Seaworld and tried to ride as much as we could and see as many shows as we could too. We did have the option to go to the Bengals vs Chargers game...I have to say, NFL games are not as exciting as College Football :) With that being said, we ended up staying at SeaWorld all day! LOL.

I kinda felt like a little kid that day. It even felt a little like my husband and I were on a first date or something. We're always cuddling and holding hands when we have the chance to...but we're usually holding "little hands" or carrying bags and holding jackets or something in public. But that day, we were "hands free" and had nothing to worry about. We didn't have to keep track of three little curious heads running all over the place! Or worry about anyone crying to buy everything in sight! It was so relaxing!

One night at the hotel, the team had a PEP RALLY with all the FANS. It was so exciting! The fans are so funny! I love it! It's crazy how so many people come out to support the team just because they love the UTES. Some people I met didn't even personally know anyone on the team... they just love to follow them and watch all the games. You know if Matt weren't playing we would definitely NOT be there! LOL. I know other people that wouldn't do that either! LOL.

The best part...the kids. The kids loved Matt. It's so funny. When we first started dating that's one thing I noticed he was good at...getting along with kids and just the way he was with them. That's one of his many qualities that I love so much about him. That explains why becoming a daddy came so natural to him. Usually after games, he always talking with fans and all the little kids...and he's always the last one in the locker room and last one out! LOL. Then we're some of the last to leave cuz he's still talking to little kids! :) It's too cute...


This guy, Lasi, is the winner :) See his tat on his forearm? Would you ever? :) I think it's tight... but I would never LOL. He's funny. I swear he's the UTES #1 FAN...if you couldn't tell. I like seeing him at the games...his comments during the games are interesting LOL

The game was fun! Matt's best friends, Charles and Josh, drove down from Santa Ana to see him. They spent more time with me the whole time than Matt! LOL. But I guess they just HAD to see each other! They probably spent maybe 45 minutes together after the game... and then we had to leave...I felt so bad. They drove all the way there and Matt really wanted to hang out with them. They've been best friends since they were little.

The games are fun to watch...but even more fun when Matt's actually playing. When we got to the stadium, Matt was on the field and I was sitting with some of the wives. He texted: "this is so hard for me baby". I already knew what he was talking about. The worse part, there was nothing I could do. There was nothing we both could do. Football is his life, our life. It's always been me, Matt, the kids and football. Football has always been a part of our lives since day 1 and for him to be on the field with the boys and not being able to play, hurts him and breaks my heart at the same time seeing him that way. Or course he tries not to show it... LOL But we both know that things happen for a reason and that'll he'll come back twice as strong.



We definitely enjoyed our time together on this trip. Even though we missed the kids like crazy and couldn't stop talking about them...we enjoyed our time together and all the free time we had to ourselves. We would definitely wanna do it again but I think we're out of excuses for next year! LOL. But at least it'll be easier...hopefully... Nana's a lot older and so is Fatboy. Shawnee will hopefully be out of diapers by then... but I doubt it...but our whole family is planning to go to next years bowl game. :) My goal for this season, make it to ALL the games :) even away games. This is Matt's last year and we wanna make the best out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Good job sis... this is getting exciting LOL =) are blogs normally that long?? LOL j/k It was "about time" that honeymoon got here. Glad you guys got out. =) Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys got to spend some time alone together. Sounds fun and I love your "holding hands" and not "holding little hands". Too cute!
    Matt will do great next season! We can't wait. . .and yes. . .Lasi is crazy . . .LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. lasi is a nut. but we love him...lol looks like a ton of fun ans much deserved for you 2 you both work so hard and we are so proud of matt he is going to rock next year and hopefully yall will end up here in miami with us!!! you guys are so beautiful together love u 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tangi! welcome to the blogging world! i love it! and i totally agree with the whole "its not a stalking" thing! :] well im one of those who will be interested in your blog:) lol. your kids are too cute! lookin' forward to all your wonderful blogs! take care tangi! send your family my love!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...