Wednesday, February 17, 2010

...just an everyday thing...

A normal week for the Asiata's is...very hectic. Lots of packing, driving from house to house, loading and unloading...just a lot, especially with three kids and just the two of us.

My husband goes to school full time at the U of U and I work full time at a Marriott right near the U... our schedules are usually the same so our commute works out good with our one car that we have.

On a normal day Matt will start at around 7am and I normally start at 8...of course I'm always late so I don't get in til about 8:30ish...but before we actually start that part of our day, we have to take our kids to our #1 Babysitters!! My inlaws :)

I gotta tell you though...my inlaws are the best in laws ever when it comes to my kids. Do you know anyone who would call in to work just to stay home and watch their grandkids or nieces and nephew? My mother in law probably did it three times...my sister in law did it twice I think... and all because I had to work and my husband had to go to school. My inlaws are one of my many blessings...no matter what's going on or where they have to be they ALWAYS put the kids first. Don't get me wrong, of course I would not leave my kids alone just to go to work... but that's just the kind of heart my inlaws have. There's another story in itself so we'll save that for another blog...LOL

Anyways, so we pretty much wake up every morning, get ready for school and work and then get the kids stuff ready for the day too. Packing clothes, diapers, wipes, socks, shoes, bottles...everything! Then sometimes it take longer because between our house, my inlaws' house and my parents' house... the kids stuff is all over West Valley!

With Nana and Fatboy it was a lot faster... they didn't come with diapers and bottles...they use to just need a little back pack that they can carry on their own...now with those two plus Shawnee... it's like we have to pack a suitcase every morning! LOL.

I use to think we were crazy and should just move in with one of our families so that we didn't have to go thru all this...we're either at my inlaws' or my parents' every day so it made sense if we were to just make things easier and live there...but why pass up our own place that we can afford, make whatever noise we wanted without needing to be courteous to the rest of the household, my kids could run around naked without scaring anyone and my husband can dance like no one else is in the room but me whenever he wanted!

But then I thought...this is just the way it is. If we want things to be done and accomplish goals in life, we just have to take the long way! I admit I complain sometimes and wished that we could just snap our finger and everyone would be where they need to be...but why complain, right? It's really not that big of deal... just an extra step for our morning routine, losing a few snoozes in the morning, being ten more minutes late to work because you have to drop off your husband first and just knowing that our kids are safe and in good hands.

Life is still great at the end of the day...

2 comments:

  1. Tangi, I have never told you this, but I admire you and Matt so much and genuinely think the world of you guys and everything you have accomplished and continue to do. You're such an example to young couples that you can really HAVE IT ALL... You're such a good Mommy and I am so proud of you and Matt.. Nothing great comes easy, and you're such a positive young woman... I love you and your family dearly and if there's anything we can ever do, you let us know!! Keep up the good work you 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you a now a blogger! It's such a fun way to keep up with people and how they are doing.
    You guys sound like you have a busy life with all of the little ones! IT's so worth it though! Keep up the good work guys!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...