Tuesday, October 04, 2011

...just blabbering...

I was just reading through my previous blogs and gosh was I seriously a Debbie Downer! But my weekend getaways and surprise Rihanna weekend was pretty amazing now that I'm thinking about it again. It seriously made me feel like I was a different person then... this spontaneous girl who just planned last minute trips and went without thinking. Lately, I've been... just a boring Mom I think. Sad.

You would think that having my husband home now would encourage me to blog more and at least be more happy about things. I honestly don't know why I haven't blogged since he's been home. I kinda feel bad.

Matt's been home for a few weeks now. Playing the "waiting game" again. Which you all know is the "Story of Our Lives". At least now we get to wait TOGETHER. Long story short, the NFL is literally a cut-throat business and it sucks. Matt made the practice squad in Minnesota at the end of pre-season but was later released to bring in another player. They could definitely call him back at any time so he has to be ready if/when that happens. So right now, Mr. Asiata is just patiently waiting for a call.

I have to say though... having him home seriously takes a HUGE burden off my shoulders. More so because I have him to help me with the kids and just everything. When he was gone, of course I had my family and his family but things just weren't the same. Everyone knows I hate to be a burden on others and I'll almost never ask for help unless Matt knows I'm going crazy then he'll "suggest" it to his family. When he was gone, the kids started school and my morning trips started up again like every school year. I had to get them up, ready for school, take them to school, take Shawnee to my in-laws and then make my way to work. THANK GOD I have the best boss/work place that is super flexible with my kids' schedule. But with Matt not being here, I had to do all that myself. I didn't mind of course -  I just got use to it. The first week Matt was home, I slept in, was almost late to work a few times and I just lounged around most of the time because when I got home from work everything would be done already. I felt bad at first because I would seriously find myself doing nothing while I was home. But then he'd always tell me that he wanted to make up for what he'd missed these last few months.


The kids are literally going CRAZY with him home. I'll come home and the four of them are bouncing off the couches and hanging from the ceiling... yes all FOUR of them, meaning my husband too! At night, they're STILL on crack. When he was gone, I'd lock us up in my room by 10pm and just fall asleep. Yup, again, best mother ever. Since he's been home, our house is mayhem until about 11pm then they move from the living room to the bedroom... my bed to be exact! Just when I thought I could get Shawnee to sleep in her own room too... what does he do? Invite her to sleep with us EVERY NIGHT... yea, he's killing me on that part!

...when daddy surprised them @ Hollywood after being away for two months...
But it's SO cute to see how close he is with the kids. His relationship with Nana is almost like a sibling relationship. She never takes him serious and when he gives her suggestions she just kinda looks at him like 'are you serious right now?!' it's pretty cute. He can make her laugh just by looking at her. Everyone knows she doesn't really laugh though either... it's more of a grunt with a smile. I have no idea where she got that from!

...this was on his testing day for kindergarden...
He and Fatboy have made it a ritual almost every night to play video games for about two hours before going to bed. Where they got that idea I don't know. I've been pretty good about having video games in the house though. About a year ago, if I could, I would've thrown the game out the window and tell them I didn't know what happened to it. But now, now that we have rules about game time, I don't mind it. If you see Fatboy play video games with his dad and uncles, you would think he was 12 or something. Sometimes he has to remind his uncles he's only 5... especially when they start losing.

Shawnee... she SWEARS she's the boss (still)...and having her Dad home 24/7 doesn't make it any easier. She gets away with everything and anything in our house (which you all already knew from the way I talk about her in all my other posts). Well, at least when I'm at work. But even then, if I even raise my voice at her... Matt's already covering her ears. Talk about not taking anything serious... everything that comes out of her Dad is a joke. Not once does she take him serious. And if she does... the first thing that comes out is You're not my friend Dad... then... she's all smiles cuz he gives in [insert big dummy face here].

Me... I'm loving every minute. Anything could happen today, tomorrow, next week... but all we want to do is enjoy where we are right now...being a family. I just got another promotion at work... with this position (hopefully) I won't be FB'ing my frustrations about work anymore. I've finally taken on the manager roll (that's opened up about five times since I've been here and it's only taken me four years to finally put in for it) and I'm excited and nervous all together. I told Matt I'll have to do less FB'ing and blogging (during work hours) and more of my actual work. I'm excited about it.

Matt... still makes me fall in love with him more and more every day. It's the little things that matter most you know?! I'm (kinda, sorta...okay I AM) addicted to my mocchiato drinks at work... one morning he took forever taking the kids to school and I was getting worried but I didn't wanna start blowing up his phone. I was getting a little (okay a lot) impatient but I still didn't call. Then, five minutes after my normal 'leave the house' time (which is usually my 'you're gonna get fired if you don't leave' time) he walks in with a mocchiato in hand and says "thought you could use this on your way to work". How sweet is that?! I thought it was cute. I even got to watch a football game with him. You're probably thinking that's lame but it's really not. Since forever, I've always been doing all the "watching" with our family or friends from the stands. A few weeks ago we went to watch the U rape BYU and he actually sat WITH me! It was too funny. He was on the sideline for most of the game but then he came up and sat with us for the last quarter. It was funny to see people's reactions when he walked up. It was almost like one of those movies where the head quarter back goes to the stands and kisses the four-eyed geek on the cheek... that's how I felt anyway. Matt being the geek of course. DUH.


Anyways, I think this post is long enough. If I don't stop now, I could start giving TMI. You guys don't want that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...