Thursday, October 13, 2011

...god first, family forever...

It's so crazy to think that we have a brother out on his mission. He's come a long way and definitely has an eternity of blessings awaiting him. Now that we're all grown up and just barely starting our own lives I can't help but think how close we all really are. It's so true how we don't realize what we have until it's actually gone. Of course my siblings aren't gone, but not living together or seeing each other everyday really does help me realize how much they mean to me. I never thought about it but when we first moved here my parents were always working and I basically played "mom" at home while they were gone. Thinking back on everything I did, I kinda wish I was a better example to them. I guess I did become "an example" but I wish I could've done a better job. But, regardless, I'm so blessed to have the siblings I do and I'm grateful for every single one of them. They each hold a special place in my heart and will ALWAYS be an example to me.

I'm so thankful for my parents and everything they've done to raise us and the sacrifices they made to get us where we all are today. I'm sure I was the very child that gave my parents their grays... but at least it was on their second child and they were better prepared for the next four! Just over these last few months we've all grown to appreciate each other more. With me moving 45 minutes away, my younger brother moving to Arkansas with his wife and now my other brother leaving on his mission for 2 years... I'm starting to realize that we're all just growing up and doing big things now I guess. Not a bad thing of course... just sad because we're all not together as much. I'm sure when Muka gets back he'll start his own little family and hopefully stay in Utah so we can all at least still be together. I'm sure Rob will be back after school is done but you just never know.

I can seriously say I have the best family ever. And not even just my own family, Matt's family too. Not only do I have four amazing brothers and an incredibly entertaining sister... I also have two older sisters that I never had and more brothers closer to my age. I seriously wouldn't trade them for the world. They each will never know how much they mean to me. Just to make things that much better, I have an amazing husband and three beautiful children that I can't WAIT to see grow up and be as close as the rest of us are.

Seriously. Life is just great.

















3 comments:

  1. *tears at the front desk* LOL!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be an awesome missionary because he has the best support. Having a brother out is something special. Heavenly Father will bless him but also his family here and you will see Gods hand more prominent then ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...