Wednesday, June 01, 2011

...may...

So... I haven't blogged for almost a month! I don't know what I've been doing... because I feel like I haven't done anything! I don't even know where to start...

Within the last two months things have been good... could be worse. The things that have happened have definitely given us A LOT to think about. In the end, we are TRULY blessed with the best.



Matt finally graduated from the U!! It was the most greatest, unforgettable experience that we will cherish forever... but we are little glad it's over :) It was literally the PERFECT weekend for all of us. We couldn't have done it without the help of our families of course... you already know how the Atiga's/Asiata's get down!! We threw a little party for him the day after graduation too... let's just say that after that party... we wanna find any excuse to throw another party! LOL.

Lots of our family and friends came out and had a good time. Lots and LOTS of food... which like ALL functions didn't go as planned but after all the arguing and yelling it turned out okay LOL. We had our good friend DJ Seanny Boy to ourselves all night too. Literally, thee.best.DJ hands down!

We also had the best of the best entertainment under one roof! Leave it to us to do something like that! :) My cousin Ame is the owner of Mohekonokono (MKK) and her dancers put on a good show! Certainly did set the mood and start it off right!

We also had TEHAMATA perform too! My long time friend Juaul started this group in Utah a while back and they're still going strong! I love watching their shows... always entertaining!

Of course we HAD to include the infamous TAGALOA!! Nana and I have been dancing with this group for a little over a year now (I think) and we LOVE every minute with these girls! It's always a good time when we're together. We have definitely come a long way and we're not planning on going anywhere!


Last month we had about four or five shows and each one was memorable in it's own way. It reminded me of how much I love dancing and all the fun I had dancing with my cousins when we first moved to Utah. Oh the memories and skinny-two piece days.... that I didn't get to experience because they started wearing two-pieces AFTER I had Nana!! Thank God! ;)


The entertainment wasn't too much and the timing was perfect. Left enough time at the end of the night for dancing! The food lasted all night and so did the music. I didn't realize how many pictures my sister took until I tried to upload them all... almost 300 pictures! Yea, we would! LOL. But I'm not gonna post them all so if you want to see them look me up on FaceBook :)




People still ask so I'll just give you the rundown really quick... in my own words of course because half of the terms the news uses I don't know what they mean! After the NFL Draft weekend we didn't get very much info. Right now, with the "lock-out" teams aren't allowed to draft any "free-agents" which is what Matt is now. So... what does that mean? That means we have to wait...wait for the lock-out to be lifted to see what options we have. There's still hope. It's just a matter of time. There are a few things we can do in the mean time, but the timing (for everything) is just, OFF. So right now, we're just waiting for something to happen. We do have a back up plan though so don't worry... PLUS I'm enjoying every second I have with my husband.

Just last night we had a little movie night and just layed in bed together with no inturruptions. It was nice. Different. Amazing. Perfect. We both woke up this morning and thought... "Last night just felt so right." I never want to take these small moments for granted. Whether it's watching a movie together, laying in bed together, walking out after work with him waiting for me with a big smile on his face, going home to three crazy kids that look homeless because they drove their Dad crazy all day and he just gave up. :) I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I really am blessed with the best. Family is everything to me. From my great grand-parents all the way down to my husband's nieces and nephews... I can't imagine my life without them. These past few months helped Matt and I realize how much we have and what the true meaning of life is. Being happy. Being with people we love. Doing things we love together. Just, everything. Yes we've been having car troubles for days... but we're still able to do what we do because we're all in it together. He reminds me everyday that everything we do, we do for each other and our kids... our family. I couldn't explain it any better than that. Well... maybe Fatboy's face in this picture can LOL

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys and Matts graduation..that's such a great accomplishment.

    We keep our fingers crossed everyday for the stupid lockout to be lifted..like u said, it is such an "off" time for these free agents and frickin sucks! Matt will be fine, it is just a waiting game..you guys are such a great family raising those beautiful kids...keep up all the good work..love u skinny minnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kass :) I hope you're feeling better being closer to family! I seriously can't get my mind off of wanting twins! Hahaha. I know, I shouldn't. We don't need anymore "Shawnees" LOL Love you guys!! XoXo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins huh?! Love it! And I loved this blog post! But thanks for mentioning na druas one song performance ;) ahahahaaa Totally kidding!! So happy for u guys!!love u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your lil' families accomplishments!! Matt couldn't have done it withou YOU!! and you guys sure know how to put on a partay!!!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...