Wednesday, April 14, 2010

...tell it like it is...

Work has been a little crazy these past few weeks. Not too bad, but still busy. I've been finding myself waking up as late as I possibly can, without getting fired of course, and dragging myself around up until the very second that I walk into work. It's pretty sad actually. But it's the truth.

So at the beginning of this week, one my co-workers and good friend forwarded an email to me that I just had to share!

UNIVERSAL TRUTHS
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
**This is funny because me and one of my really good friends at work would probably get fired for talking about the people, I mean things, we talk about via email! LOL.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
**100% Agreed. Especially if it's between me and my husband - that really sucks... for everyone! LOL.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
**Seriously!! Now there's not enough time in a day to get a nap in!

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
**Yup! It's a MUST!!

5. How in the world are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
**I just roll em up and put it in the back of the closet!

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
**Very good point! I would rather NOT write in cursive! LOL. I don't think I have since 4th grade maybe?!

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
**This is true, but I guess not very useful anymore since everyone has GPS... right?

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
**Sad, but true.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
**You know that's the truth!

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
**Hahaha... they sure do! Especially the ones about people's drunken days: "Those were during that time in my life when I was serving in Iraq..." OR when you sluffed school and got caught and you were about ready to pee in your pants when your Mom came to pick you up... and now it's a joke to everyone but they didn't remember the part about you getting your butt whipped?!! Yea, those are good stories to tell... not that that last one ever happened to me LOL.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
**Totally true! I usually feel this way right after lunch!

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
**Seriously! I don't collect Blue Rays but the same goes for old VHS movies... we had TONS and now we don't even have a VCR to watch any of them on!

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
**HAHA! Word has a mind of its own I swear!

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
**Pretty much!

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
**So true! But I can't complain... I do the same thing most of the time! If you didn't answer the first time, you're outta luck! LOL.

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking cute and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
**I'll be the first to admit... this is totally me! LOL. But it does make sense! LOL.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
**Tangi raises her hand. "Guilty."

18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
**It's common sense really...

19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
**Maybe some of you would agree with this but I guess I missed this commercial...LOL

20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
**Haha...that and "avoid construction" or do they have that now?

21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
**Yup! I can't think of one right now, but I know my kids will feel the same way. LOL. The movies they watch aren't bad but I know they don't really know what's really going on in some of them! LOL.

22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
**Haha.... this is totally me AND my husband! Until you drop everything on the way in or the bags rip! LOL. But I'm happy to say that I do use my kids at times like these... two bags per kid thank you! :)

23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
**Doesn't everyone?! LOL.

24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
**I would say that 90% of the time that I'm bored, the first thing I do is look in the fridge or start snacking...very bad habit!

25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
**I probably do it three times at the most... after that, the other person is on their own!

26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent an idiot from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
**It's a GREAT idea...why wouldn't you want to join in?! If my husband is driving in another car next to me and we come across a driver like this, we TOTALLY block them in! Haha... No, not road rage... just simply "enjoying the ride" LOL

27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
**Guilty. I usually don't wash my jeans unless they actually have stains or dirt on them... their JEANS! Haha...

28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
**Dumber & dumber every year!

29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
**I don't know about this one LOL

30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
** Who DOESN'T!?!?!

31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
**That'll be around the same time I've lost all motivation at work...

32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
**Yup! That's ME! LOL.


2 comments:

  1. hahaha.. those are all funny. The grocery bag thing is totally me and then I complain when my bread is smashed from the bag of 10 cans of food.

    And seriously, why do we always run into people, especially the ones we don't want to see when we look like crap? Hellur, why couldn't you see me yesterday when I looked like a rockstar?

    Glad you made the final 2 cuts sas.. JK..love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on blog world! LOL. Love the email. Had a few laughs, especially #17. I put them in my phone book and right next to their name, I put DNA...which stands for "Do Not Answer!" LOL.

    Anyway, thanks for celebrating Uela's birthday with us last night. I guess the party will continue tomorrow?! lol. Hopefully with some cake! Yum. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...