Wednesday, December 15, 2010

...MIA...

Have I really been MIA for the last two months?!? Probably.
Have I been doing it on purpose? Of course not.

Just last week my mom emailed me at work
(you know you're too busy when your mom has to EMAIL YOU AT WORK instead of just texting you) and said "Haven't seen you guys in a while. Miss you."
That's when I realized, holy cow I'm losing it!!

Do I work all the time? Yes.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've blogged about it...
Maybe about a month ago, I got a promotion at work! Yay me!!
But that obviously means that I'm more busy than before.
So when I'm at work... I'm working.
When I get home... I just want to be at home. You know?

I was also preparing for our TAGALOA dance recital that was last week Saturday.
Making costumes, practices, working out...
It was so much fun but I'm glad it's over :)

On top of all that...
We've been getting ready for our "post college" changes and what may come.
Well, I shouldn't say 'getting ready' because can you really be ready?!?
But we have been making progress.
I won't get into it... but I will say that it has been A LOT to think about
and it has been a bit stressful... for me of course.
(Apparently I am the one who does most of the stressing in the relationship)

I feel like I'm constantly racing against a time clock.
Like I'm always doing something but never accomplishing anything.
Like I'm always needing to do things by a certain time and not because I've procrastinated
but because they need to be done at that very moment.
Is that confusing?
But I've been told I can be a bit crazy so that could be just it!

And in the middle of all this... my kids are either with me going crazy...
or spending time with either one of our extended family.
Of course we've been spending time with them but I sometimes think
"Am I spending enough time with them?"
"Am I doing enough?"
"Am I a bad mother for being away from them for so long?"
But then again... it's just me over-analzying........ again!
But they're healthy!! :)

Nana's enjoying school and did such a great job at our recital!
I still can't believe how much she's grown.
Oh and I've realized that she is starting to talk just like me!
And whenever the "adults" are having a conversation...
A few days later, she'll remind me of what we were talking about!
That's when I tell her...
"You know, if you keep listening to us... your ears will get big!"

Fatboy... we've determined that he is a PS3/XBOX junkie!!
You put in any game and give him a remote control... he'll tear it up!
No joke.
He can seriously play for hours!
The other night, he was online (whatever that means)
playing against my brother and his friends.
One of his friends said "Who the heck is killing me?!"
and come to find out... it was Fatboy!

Shawnee... is still.... a MONSTER!
We now joke that she is Nana and Fatboy's cousin
because she spends sooooo much time with Matt's sister, Sina.
If she ever decides to come home with us... it only lasts a few hours
and then she asks to "Go Sina!"
Not to mention... she always calls me Auntie and then looks at me and laughs.

Matt... still has my heart.
Just when I think I can't possibly love him any more than I already do...
I fall in love with him more and more everyday.
Of course we have our little arguments but who doesn't?!?
He'll be completely done with school this week.
He's accomplished so much that even though it seems like the end...
it's just the beginning.
I'm so proud of him and all that he's been through.
All that we've been through together.
We're looking forward to what's next and we know it won't be easy
But it's what we've been working towards and it's finally here and we're ready!
Ready for something new...

So it's not that I've been MIA because I'm a crazy mother who works too much and wants to shut everyone out...
I've just been trying to do me... me and my family.
Of course I haven't been "in hiding" either... because we have had a few "date nights"...
but I've just been doing things on "Tangi's Time" instead of...
on CRAZY MODE like I usually am!

And I've actually attempted to blog almost every night last week... but couldn't.
Mainly because by the time I sat down to do it...
I'd fall asleep.
But! I'm going to get better...

Next stop... VEGAS BABY!!














1 comment:

  1. Ca$h Mawnee!...geez...nikki always tells me how she kicks it at yur apartment and i feel...like...kinda like...i feel...like...kinda...LEFT OUT! jerks!...well...after reading this entry...ive realized that i havnt blogged in...a year (holy moly)...so i feel motivated to start back up. well...your kids are beautiful and so are you! hot mama! bahm chika wah wah...love you heaps tang (yay or nay for your new nick name...or does it sound too much like tounge? hmm...
    see you later crocodile!
    -pumpkin

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...