Tuesday, August 17, 2010

...what DO I like to do?!?...

Just last week, I was having a conversation with a good friend from church and we somehow got into work and careers. I told her how I love my job but if she ever knew of a position I'd be interested in to let me know.
Then she asked, "Well, what do you like to do as far as job wise?"
I really didn't even know what to tell her... "Ummmm, being an assistant!??" LOL.
Pretty lame right?
Well, I seriously had to think about afterwards because I really don't know what I would want to make a career out of. I mean, I love my job, but I know it's not a position that I can stay for the rest of my life!
My job title is that of an assistants. But I can honestly say that my actual duties at work are that of a managers, just with the assistant title.
It sounds a little...confusing...but it's simple. I'm the assistant, doing full assistant duties as well as taking on certain management duties.
I love that I get to be the one to "help" but not fully take charge.
Does that sound dumb to you?
I'd rather be the person behind the scenes, doing almost everything, but not being in the actual spot light. This probably sounds dumb, right?
But I guess eventually I do want to move up in the company, but just for fun. But also, not now. I seriously feel content with my position now. Like I can go to work and not ever worry that I'll be fired that day, or the next day, or the next day.
As a manager, there's more on my shoulders and I would have that lingering at the back of my mind every time I set foot in my office.
But it's so weird that I ended up where I am now because I don't even like being a salesperson, or talking to people I don't know, or taking charge and so much control over large/small company events. But I guess I'm good at it since I've been with it for so long!
But I always tell myself that if I ever go back to school, I'd want to go into nursing, where I left off in high school.
But I would also want to go into hair, just for fun! I've always enjoyed doing my own hair (even though most days you can't tell) and other people's hair.
But see, this brings me back to the subject... I really just don't know what I want to do. Is that bad?
With all these things in mind, I would also love to stay home with my kids and be one of those mothers who plan activities for the kids, cook, make crafty things.... but I seriously suck at things like that! LOL. I would LOVE to though and I'm sure I can do it if I just try it!
See, I'm so indecisive. Story of my life.
Have you heard that McDonald's commercial where the lady talks about what she orders and what she loves... well, it's pretty lengthy but that's pretty much explains how I feel about everything and anything.
Trust me, my husband LOVES it! Hah!
But we'll see where I end up. I've had a very crazy month at work and I'm starting to re-think taking the management position full on... more so now because the position is actually open but we're suppose to be hiring someone within the next two weeks so I think I'll give one more person a chance and if it opens up again, I might just take it! But again, I have no idea what I want remember!?! :)
This was such a random post, but I guess it's something different from blogging about my kids all the time, right?!?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I always thought that I knew what I wanted to do in my life. I was positive that I wanted to be a successful career woman. Then I put my faith in the Lord to let me know what I needed to do. I never thought it would be to be a stay-at-home mommy. It's the best thing I have ever done in my life. I know you would be great too and the kids would love it and so would you. Put your trust in the lord and he will guide you to what needs to happen in your life! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

...I'm Obivously Superwoman...

When I say I'm Superwoman I'm referring to what my kids  think  I am. I mean most days I probably am.  But I'm sure I have ...